Saturday 22 December 2012

ScootBiz vs Scoot Economy

If you managed to read this, it means we survived  21/12/2012!

Took scoot for the first time to BKK on 8 Dec.
Took Scootbiz for the trip to BKK because it's was on sale at $120 which was $3 more expensive than flybag. Sadly, on my 3rd airticket, no more sale tickets so one of the biz ticket was bought using the full amount. From there, I infer that their number of sale tickets for business seats are capped at 6.
Scooting off to BKK

ScootBiz Leg Space
In-flight entertainment(Ipad) is not provided for ScootBiz on short flights.
Meal Provided

Soya Chicken Rice
Their soya chicken rice is okay. Taking into account that it's plane food it's not bad already. Only thing is that the chicken and rice may be abit hard. Heard that the nasi briyani was nice too.
Biz Seat
Hurriedly took a photo of the seat in front of me before alighting the plane.

On 11 Dec, it's time to scoot back to Singapore.
On the flight back, the flight got delayed by 1/2 hour or so. Why can't airlines provides information of flight delays at an earlier time instead of annoucing at such a late timing since I'm sure they know that the flight will be delayed way before hand.  
Economy Leg Space
Wanted to order hot meals on the trip back, but they do not provide hot meals for short distance trips. So shared a cheesy mushroom sandwich. 8 dollars for the sandwich. No pictures, but nice! Generous amount of cheese, mayo and mushrooms. Ate it cold, not sure if you have the option of warming it.

Will I pay full price for ScootBiz? Nope. I guess the biggest benefit of ScootBiz is the increased leg space but I have short legs. They have priority boarding, which to me is useless unless there is flight delay. Cause for my flight from Sg to BKK everybody seems to board together, while only for the BKK to SIN flight, they separated the passengers. Ipad? I guess everyone have their own Ipod/Iphone/Ipad nowadays. Food you can order separately for $10++, $10 is for only the rice. Food only becomes an important issue if the flight time matches the time for the 3 meals but food is a good way to spend time on flights. Oh yeah, they provide blanket,pillow and eyemask for overnight flights. Okay but I'm a cheapo, my aim is to get to my destination at the cheapest price since when I'm on plane I'll just sit down, plug in my earphones and try to sleep till I reach my destination. So, as long as you don't squash me like sardine, I'm fine. Oh, and don't delay my flights. O.o

Scoot isn't exactly cheap either, only realized Thai airways was having sales which was cheaper but the timing was quite bad reaching BKK after 11. I paid 293.76 for sale ScootBiz + FlyBag (20kg) per pax, 279.76 for sale ScootBiz + Fly per pax and 345.76 for ScootBiz + FlyBag (20kg) per pax. Scoot has a convenience fee of $16 per pax if you pay by credit card. Only realized I can avoid it when I was booking the last airticket for BKK. Avoid the convenience fee by paying through SAM or post office! 
18/12 .50pm

No comments:

Post a Comment