Saturday 16 June 2012

Happy Father's Day!

My brother just bought a new vacumn cleaner, so now my house has 3 vacumn cleaners. 

Tomorrow is Father's Day! Just came back from father's day dinner at Mouth Restaurant at City Square Mall.

My family is very conservative, we don't show our love by saying 'I love you' or giving hugs & kisses, but I know my father loves me alot and I love him alot too.

My father and I share quite a close relationship and sometimes before he sleeps, I will go to his room and talk/disturb him until I get thrown out of the room (I wonder when did I started having this habit?). Last time, my father and I used to gather in front of the tv to watch ghost whisperer and Incredible tales. We still do that sometimes now (just watched incredible tales and the eye last week), I love watching ghost stories with him around cause it gives me strength. If we find a drama we both like on tv, we will watch it together too (usually it's the 7pm shows which we watch while eating dinner). It's funny watching my dad addicted a drama cause he will rush home and be like “做了做了,快点开电视!”. Now we're watching xi you ji which is showing on channel 8 (for some reason I just have a liking for sun wukong).Something happened a few years ago which has made me more appreciative and thankful for him.

Of course, we still have our fair share of arguments.

My father always amazes me. He always selfless, giving the best to his family with whatever limited capabilities he has. It's amazing how my father can provide my grandparents with 1.1k allowance, provide me with allowance, pay for my school fees, pay for the house loan, pay for the phone bills, pay for the electricity bill and pay for all the other stuffs like groceries. When ever I ask him how he managed to do that, he's always telling me he's spending on the family yet saving on himself. :') I really really really think it's not easy.

He's always encouraging me to do more volunteer work and he's always saying that it's good to be able to help others. He also encourages me to be more da fang and he used to tell me "被人家占便宜就是占人家便宜。"

He is always able to read my mind. He knows what is on my mind. Like when I say I have news for him, sometimes he will be able to guess what's the news. Like recently during this holiday, I broke the iron and when he came back I told him 'I got bad news for you.' Then he ask ' why you always have bad news. Bad news don't tell me.' and after I insisted I need to tell he said 'you broke the iron ah'. Amazing!

Though sometimes he forces his idea on me but he doesn't always force his idea me. After O-levels I did think of getting in poly (I wanted to optometry) but my father wanted and insisted I go to JC. Oh yeah, I couldn't get into optometry even if I wanted to anyway. I'm glad I did though, because it allowed me to be where I am today, studying Psychology, because if I took the poly route I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to get into NUS today. I knew my father didn't like me studying psychology, he would have preferred me to study in Science, but he didn't force this idea onto me because he says I'm the one studying not him. He gives me choices and he likes me to have my own thinking, to be independent. I know he is very worried about me because sometimes I still act like a kid and  he's also worried about me entering the workforce because I do things so slowly.

I love my papa alot alot alot!!! <3<3<3
아빠를 많이 사라해요!!! <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment