Tuesday 12 June 2012

Food Tasting

I have no inspiration and I don't want to blog about Hong Kong yet, so let's talk about food tasting last friday.

Went for food tasting at Holiday Inn.

I was about one hour early, at first I was considering walking there from Outram but when I was at the bus stop the bus came so I felt that it was a sign for me to not walk.

So how did I spend my time?
Zi Lian x 4

























Doing bo liao stuff like taking my own pictures.

I didn't take photos of the food because it will be damn awkward if I prevent everyone from eating just so I can take pictures, plus the people from my brother's gf side I don't really know/I don't know them.

The first few dishes were yummy!

My favourite was the cold platter? Yummy!

Then we had a bird nest soup which looks like shark fin soup. They no longer sell shark fin, which is a good thing, but they managed to make the bird nest soup looks like shark fin soup where I even added pepper and vinegar to it.

Roasted? Chicken. Kind of dry to me, but the aunties and uncles said it's nice so i guess it's nice?

Vinegar Prawn. A good thing about this prawns is that we don't have to shell the prawns! Unlike other types of prawns like cereal prawn.

Steamed Fish. No comments. I don't like fish.

Abalone mushroom lettuce. Mediocre tasting.

Glutinous Rice. Not bad cause everyone was raving how the taste is not bad.

Dessert. My brother's girlfriend ordered Oneh? A yam paste? kind of dessert. I think I'm one of the few people who didn't like it, or maybe I was too full for a dessert that is so sticky and niam niam.  

If the standard of the food doesn't change on wedding day, I guess the food there is considered good especially for wedding banquet food. Wakaka and I'll be sitting at the VIP people with everyone I know so no need paiseh and I can eat all the food!


No comments:

Post a Comment