Sunday 10 June 2012

Grin Affair

Had an impromptu meeting with zhi hui.

Went to Grin Affair near outram mrt.
Cause Zhi Hui told me cafe so I was expecting tables and chairs with drinks so I was kind of shocked that they don't provide tables only one row of chairs at the side of the shop. However, Zhi Hui said maybe they do provide tables during peak hours, so I'm not sure.
The shop is small but nicely decorated and some of the decorations there reminds of Korea, those cute woodcraft kind of decorations. 
Dark Chocolate
$5.50

























































































































































































































































































































































Cookies & Cream
$4.80

































I had dark chocolate while Zhi Hui had cookies and cream.

"cookies 'n' cream. it was not bad, kinda like the crumble on top!" - ZH facebook

Ever since last year I tasted dark chocolate from Hersey's, I became a fan of dark chcolate. The Dark chocolate was topped with sea salt dulce de leche (caramel) and chocolate ganache dome (the piece of circle chocolate). The taste was just very average to me. It doesn't taste anything special and so it doesn't have me craving for more. Good for people who doesn't like very sweet stuff. I don't really like the chocolate ganache dome on top or maybe I was expecting more of it cause I was saving it for the last.

The place offers a interesting concept, where they serve cakes in jars, but mediocre taste (to me). Maybe it's just the flavour I chose because the jars with fruits were really popular, I hear many people ordering them and one of the flavour (think mango?) was already out of stock.

You can collect tickets when you buy the jars and returns the jars and 20 of the tickets for a jar of cranberry. I think it's only applicable for take-away though cause we didn't get them :(. They only provide carriers if you purchase a certain number of jars. However, their take-aways are really cute, they attach a rope-like thing to the cover for you to carry them. 

Was super early after that cause I had food tasting at 6.30pm so was looking for a place to chill. We went irish cafe at SGH there to chill cause there weren't many choices. The cappuccino there is really bitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment