Thursday 19 July 2012

Tuesday's work went relatively well, we had to collect saliva samples 4 times and not 3, I remembered wrongly. I still think the job is very not worth it cause back and fro sembawang is really longer than my one hour of work there.

Finished reading 3096 Days, borrowed it from Serangoon library last tuesday after going back to NUS for huiting and zhihui commencement. Took kind of long to read it, I think it cannot capture my attention as well I don't know why. The story is about Natascha Kampusch who was kidnapped by Wolfgang Priklopil on 2 March 1998 when she was 10 years old and her life while she was kept a prisoner for 3096 days. It shows a different insight on the relationship between her and the abductor. How there is no clear cut black and white and surprisingly how the abductor treated her. Although he abused her, made her work, starved her and all, it's actually kind of sad to see how he wanted to have a normal life with her that sadly was not possible. How he bought things for her, celebrated festivals/birthdays with her and bringing her for ski trip. Reading the book, I can really feel his fear of her escaping.

Dinner today is KFC family feast. It has been a long time since I last ate KFC. Had the family feast meal. Tried the new hot devil drumlets. I like the spicy lime ones, tasted more spicy and the lime taste compliment the spicy taste well! But my dasao say the drumlet skin feels like it's all msg powder.

Just now during Korean lesson the teacher say to tell her if we want to take topik test in oct then she'll bring the form next week. Although I have second thoughts but I still want to take the test. However just now cause I too shy to talk to the teacher so I didn't tell her. Maybe I'll ask her when I email her the homework. Homework topic: The best invention of the 20th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment