Friday 20 July 2012

More Books

I'm researching on hotels in taiwan. I have a question. Why is ximending mrt station not called ximending station but called ximen station.

Started reading the book The Girl in the Mirror by Cathy glass which I borrowed from Sembawang library on Monday. It is a novel inspired by a true story and guess what? I read the first few lines of the Prologue and realise I read this book before, but I can't remember when. Luckily I didn't reserve this book if not waste my money cause I was thinking of reserving all of Cathy glass books, except the newest self-help guide, Happy Kids: The secret to raising well-behaved, contented children. Woah, I went to Cathy Glass website to search for the title of this book which is the newest book displayed on NLB catalogue and it was written in 2010 so I thought she stopped writing. Guess what I saw on her website, she has been writing just that NLB is slow in bringing/did not bring in the books.

True Fostering Stories:
The Night the Angels Came
A Baby's Cry
I Miss Mummy
Another Forgotten Child (Sept 2012)

Novels based on true stories:
My Dad's a Policeman
Run, Mummy, Run

The books I will be interested but never knew existed until today.
Found a cheap website to buy books (got the link from Cathy Glass's homepage) : The Book Despository. The books seem cheaper (at least for Cathy Glass's books) than Singapore's bookstores. One cathy glass book cost $13.73 or less (excluding self-help guides). I think in Singapore they will cost at least $18++? They also include free worldwide delivery!!!

She also has another 2 self help guides, Happy Adults: The secret to lasting Happiness and Contentment and Happy Mealtimes for Kids (Sept 2012).

I shall started reading The Ghost Girl, which I borrowed from Serangoon Library together with 3,096 Days, by Torey Hayden tomorrow. Then I have one more book Hidden which is with Carissa now. Sounds like a good time to get more books!


No comments:

Post a Comment