Wednesday 11 July 2012

Joe's Coiffure & House of Seafood

Just came back from Eunice commencement at 5 plus, 5.30. Now I'm trying to blog and do my korean homework which was due on Monday and I totally forgot about it until yesterday.

Quite a few things to backtrack about cause I've been quite busy, so I should stay at home on thursday and friday and clear the backlog. Maybe.

Last Monday, met Muihong at Far East Plaza as we bought the outlet coupon for Joe's Coiffure. Muihong wanted to dye her hair and I wanted to do treatment for my cui hair. It was $35 for Hair Colour+wash+ blow or Japan Heat Hair Treatment+wash+blow or Haircut+wash+blow+hair treatment. I asked for the heat hair treatment, but I don't think she gave me that cause it was suppose to be 4 steps but they only applied the treatment cream and put the steamer and wash off. Honestly, I don't think the treatment did what it was suppose to do because even immediately after the hair treatment, I didn't feel that my hair become ultra smooth (feel normal to me or at most just abit smoother). I only felt that my hair smell very nice but it's because of the hair mist? she sprayed on my hair. The place was not that crowded when we went at about 3.15, but it got super crowded as the time went past. I saw some people having to leave or waited for more than an hour even though they had appointment. Plus, something they did shocked me. There was this girl who came in to apply for the hair stylist assistant and they asked if she was free right now to help them work. I mean like what??? she's not even trained and they don't even know how's her skills and all that and they asked her to work because they were short-handed. Bad!

Muihong's hair colour also came out too red at the top of her head and she went to buy hair dye after dying her hair and she went home to redye her hair. Her cutting skills was okay I guess, because Muihong said she was worried that she'll screw up her fringe but she didn't.

After that, we went for dinner at House of Seafood cause we had the outlet coupon which entitled us to a 900g crab for $25. The place is quite ulu, and we took bus 2 from Tanah Merah and alighted at Changi Baptist church then walk in. It's quite a long walk, but there's a huge signboard to tell you where to walk in and thanks to the power of google map. There's only 2 buses there, 2 and 29.

We had chilli crab, matou, sambal kangkong, thai style chicken cutlet and rice.

The sambal kangkong was not bad, quite nice even though it's not really spicy and there's no sight of the sambal chilli.

The thai style chicken cutlet looked nothing like what was shown in the menu. The menu shows red spicy looking chicken. The taste of it wasn't anything special and doesn't taste very nice either.



The chilli crab wasn't exceptionally nice but still good to me though. Good to mix the sauce with the rice. Yums! The mantous were expensive though. 80 cents for one, the most expensive mantou I have ever eaten. One of the mantou was overly fried and it was super hard. They're very nice too, they provided each person with their own bowl of water+lime for washing hands.

The whole meal was cheap though, paid $28.70 per person for the whole meal.

The walk out was scary, cause it's ulu and it was very dark except for the lighting at the side of the road. Plus, there were frogs croacking. Not one or two frogs, it totally sounded like a frog farm. I think unless you have car, it's not advisable to go there at night, unless in a big group.


I can't find my usb cable for mine phone so photos next time.


2 comments:

  1. According to reviews on http://www.beautyundercover.sg/hair/joes-coiffure-far-east-plaza/ and your review, we should really be careful about Joe's Coiffure eh! Thanks for letting other people know about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. :) Just sharing about my experience.

      Delete