Monday 16 July 2012

Research Assistant

Went to C Primary School today. I honestly think it's a waste of my time because the time I took to travel there is longer than the time I actually collect the data needed. Plus when I went it was raining so heavily and I still had to walked to the school and I didn't bring my umbrella. Totally regretted signing up for it.

First time collecting data face-to-face. I wasn't nervous at first but when I started reading the instructions to the kid, I became very nervous and my voice started trembling. Lol, I think I was more nervous then the kid. I think I look super lost. The thing now is, I'm worried during the recording, I recorded the subject number wrongly. The subject number was _3 and I scared I said _2 during recording. I feel like I'm back in those exam times when I become paranoid over my answers. I recorded the name though, I hope I didn't do it wrongly and if I did it doesn't matter. I guess I'll never know if I recorded wrongly unless the full-time RA scold me (which I definitely hope do not happen!). It's a bit like University exams where I will not know my score and where I've gone wrong. Usually I'll keep thinking about the questions until my results come and after awhile I'll stop thinking about it. Have to teach myself to let go and forget, don't keep thinking about things you can't change, cause I seriously think that will result in me becoming psychotic. I already suspect that I'm leaning towards OCD. 

On the train back, I was checking my email and I saw the confirmation email for another session tomorrow. Super last minute! Super worried. Cause tomorrow's session is worse, have to collect saliva samples, not once, not twice but 3 times from the kid to measure their cortisol level. I seriously think the way they collect saliva is quite ridiculous and if I'm the kid, I'll be damn traumatise cause I'll be so embarrassed.


No comments:

Post a Comment