Friday 21 June 2013

Kim Dae Mun

Was looking for some Korean place for dinner for KU family meetup and Gillian appa suggested Kim Dae Mun at Concorde Hotel food court. I didn't even know the existent of a food court in Concorde hotel.

There was already a queue there, though not super long when we were there but it just gets longer. The queue move quite fast though as the person is super efficient in taking orders. 
 
Spicy prawn soup ($6.50?)
They have 3 different sides for you to choose, kimchi, anchovy and I forgot what's the other one. Their spicy prawn soup is quite flavourful and there's squid and prawns in it. Very filling as they even provided rice even though the soup came with glass noodles. I think it's only slightly spicy and so did most of those who tried but Huiting said it's quite spicy. So it's up to the individual's taste. 
KU family
Fried glass noodles ($5)

Visited Kim Dae Mun again because Carissa had serious cravings for spicy rice cakes (That's the day we met the weird guy I talked about previously.). I think spicy rice cakes are not easy to find in Singapore, just like jia jjang myeong. 

The fried glass noodle was the direct opposite of the spicy prawn soup, it was totally not filling. It doesn't really have a taste, just spiciness but no other taste. Hence, the overall taste of the dish was quite disappointing. 

However, I tried Carissa's spicy rice cake ($5) Ding ding ding! It is the most authentic/more similar in terms of taste with Korea's. The spicy rice cake I've tasted in Singapore usually taste sweeter and less spicy. I was really surprised when I tasted this.

The korean food here is one of the most affordable ones in Singapore and taste good too. Next time I want to try their kimchi fried rice!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment