Monday 6 August 2012

Xian De Lai

Went for steamboat with Karen at Xian De La couple of weeks ago.

Bak Kut Teh + Mala soup base
The Bak Kut Teh soup base didn't really have the Bak Kut Teh taste. The mala soup base though it doesn't have the reddish reddish authentic mala look, it was still spicy, although maybe not as spicy as that of Ting Yuan.
Ingredients
The ingredients here are not self-service, you have to order through them using a form where you tick off the ingredients you want. I don't really like this method because you can't go get the food as and when you like and it's like they'll know every single food you ordered. Plus if you want to order quite a few times, it's quite paiseh to keep asking them for the form? Cause they only gave us the form twice, including the time when first ordered, on their own accord.  Oh yeah, and now I got reminded, they didn't give us our honey chicken.

Something very bad happened while we were there. I burnt their pot. I ate too much hand-made noodles. Cause I think they stick very easily to bottom? so will burnt the pot very easily. Plus I think hand-made noodles made the soup thicker and easier to get burnt also? I felt very bad about it, cause they will have a super hard time cleaning the pot. I seriously thought for a moment they will just lash out at us. Brrrr! I'm seriously very bad with steamboat, the previous time at tingyuan also ate until burnt. I shall restrict my hand-made noodles next time or at least cook less at one time.
If only my eyes were this big!
The thought of school starting next week really makes me nervous and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment