Wednesday 27 January 2016

SAVH

Sitting in the classroom before lesson blogging. Suppose to be assignment but I think the ling gan only comes nearer to the deadline. So stuck.

Went to Singapore Association for the Visually Impaired yesterday as part of the the motor and sensory difficulties module. We got to experience the dining in the dark. It was a good experience. The room was really dark and you cannot see anything, not even your 5 fingers. I realized that when I cannot see, everything tended to feel very far away from me. I feel that I lost my spatial awareness. As a result, I spoke quite loud and my friend beside me asked me to stop shouting. I also got a bit of sensory overload because everybody is talking, so I heard a lot of noise but yet can't see where is everybody.

It's very humbling to see them all so positive. And I'm very proud to be in my professor class too.

No comments:

Post a Comment