Sunday 10 January 2016

Japan, Hokkaido - Day 2

Woke up super early so I can go to the onsen again before going for breakfast. 

Our sumptuous breakfast
Met the lady from dinner and she remembered us. I wonder how many hours do they work everyday. 

Ate so much fish there that my fish quota was met for the year. I love the egg rolls that they served, and I got 2 servings! because Eunice doesn't eat eggs.

After breakfast, went back to pack and it was time to board the bus at 10am to head to Sapporo. Thanks to the onsen, I had such a good sleep on the bus.

We had sometime before check-in time so we went to explore sapporo station and to get our train tickets from the JR office. The sapporo station is quite big so it can take some time to orientate yourself. 

After checking in, we went off to Shiroi Kobito Factory. 

No real reindeer, fake one will do
It's christmas, so they had christmas lightings set up inside.
When at shiroi koibito factory, even if the weather is freezing and you feel like your nose, ears and fingers are going to drop off, you still have to eat their ice-cream.

After that bought lots at their shop. Bai se lian ren is like a must buy when in Japan, even in Tokyo, so what's more at their homeland - hokkaido. Buy everything, bombed 9727 Yen there. I quite like their chocolate drink, is very rich and chocolatey. Actually if you are just looking for the normal biscuits, there are many places in Hokkaido that sell them, so don't necessarily have to buy there. But I guess sometimes, it's just the feel.

After shopping, went up their toy exhibition to take a look.


Pikachussss


Their sky turns dark very early, about 4 plus 5 and it will be dark already.
Took the train down to susukino station because we wanted to have a sumptuous dinner of crab at Sapporo Kani Honke. But when we reached there, it was fully booked. So if you want to go there, remember to make it booking before hand. They are not only full on Sundays because when we passed by the Sapporo branch on Tuesday, it was also fully booked.

Initially we were thinking of eating it another day after we booked, but we past by a random crab place and decided to just eat there.

King Crab Shabu Shabu - 5400 Yen per pax
So precious
648 Yen
I ordered their rice where they will cook the rice in the broth after you are done. It taste abit like our lobster porridge.

School is starting on Monday, journey to the west starts all over again (and this time no hostel!). I guess blogging will have to take a backseat again, but I hope I continue blogging because when I read back on my post, it brings back not only memories, but sometimes gives me insight on my emotions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment