Wednesday 20 February 2013

Taiwan Day 3 Food + Fisherman's Wharf & Lover's Bridge

Because we had 2 tiring days, we decided to keep day 3 kind of relaxing.
Taoyuan Jie Spicy Beef noodle
How to get there: Ximen mrt exit 3. Ximending circle, walk down Heng Yang Rd (away from XMD), turn right on Tao Yuan street. 2 story noodle shop on your left.

This is a super highly recommended shop for Beef noodle. However, both me and Muihong think it's so-so only. They give a very huge serving of noodle and also generous amount of beef. I'm not a beef lover but I love drinking soup but I think their soup is really so-so. Not really sure why it is so high recommended and it's super crowded too. Maybe it's just our taste.

After lunch we explored around XMD and then it's time for teabreak at Din Tai Fung.

Went to the Din Tai Fung main branch.
Took a train down to 大安 station. You can either walk there or take a bus. We decided to take a bus there since it's raining. Board the bus at Jianguo South Road Intersection and alight 2 stops later at YongKang St Intersection. It easy to stop Din Tai Fung once you alight.
We went up the bus at the wrong side and the super nice driver guided us to the correct bus stop opposite.

The Din Tai Fung person was very nice too. Super friendly!

Xiao Long Bao
How to eat your Xiao Long Bao

Fried Rice
At first we wanted to order 1 fried rice per person but the person gave us a shock face and asked if we ate at Din Tai Fung before. So we ended up sharing the fried rice which was a lucky thing because really too much for one person.

If you're at Din Tai Fung (main branch), remember to visit their toilet. It's the most atas public toilet I have ever seen. 

Took a train down to dan shui mrt and took bus down to Fisherman's wharf. You can either bus red 26,836 or 837.
The lighting starts at 7pm.

The weather was really bad. It was raining and windy which made it super cold.

Wearing the scarf that Karen made me for my 21st birthday!

This photo has a funny story behind it.
We were looking for people to take photo for us and there was this group of hong kong girls.
So I went up to them and asked if they can take a picture for us, but she didn't seem to understand me so I spoke in Cantonese. Haha, and she can't understand me either. Luckily her friend understood me.
I went back to Singapore and took my father what happened and apparently my cantonese was wrong. Oops.
After that we went to Dan shui for the food market. However, as it was raining not many people and not many stalls either.
Ah ge 35twd
Something warm and nice on a cold cold day. There is dong fen inside too. Not super delicious but good to eat though especially if you like things like tofu.

So Danshui food market ended our day 3.

For the rest of my taiwan post, click here
18/2

No comments:

Post a Comment