Friday 1 February 2013

Taiwan Day 2 - Cingjing + Steamboat + Taipei 101

Booked a Hehuashan sunrise tour at 400twd. Had to gather at the main area at 4.35am (do not be late, the bus doesn't wait), so we had to wake up at 3 plus. Now I reached a point where I'll feel insecure without my concealer and BB cream but as the minsu has a save the earth policy, they only have hot water at certain timings which definitely don't include 3am in the morning. So I was like "Damn, I'm so not going to wash my face."

The roads at Cingjing are dark and we had walk down quite a distance so we upon muihong's suggestion, we downloaded the flashlight app which saved our lives.

The tour also includes an explanation of the stars. However, I couldn't captured any of the stars because by the time we were allowed to take photo, the clouds came in. The tour guide has a super duper cool laser pointer that can point right into the sky.

So off we went for our sunrise tour. Remember to keep warm, especially in winter, apparently the day before we went it was -2 degress on Hehuashan.The day we went up the thermometer wasn't on so not sure what's the temperature like.
They have several stop points on Hehuashan. As we go further up, the amount of time people stay outside to explore will decrease significantly cause everybody was freezing their asses off.
Cute red bus
Bazhang
I was already wearing uniqlo heattech tee + woollen long sleeve + trench coat (2 layers) but still freaking cold. Luckily the bus provided winter jacket and gloves on the bus which we could borrowed and they specially mentioned Singaporeans and Malaysians. Haha, I think we're known for under-dressing. So I ended up wearing 5 layers of top and 2 gloves. Ming fu qi shi de bazhang. It's so damn cold also because the wind there is really strong.

Sunrise

Sunrise
I realised I can't really appreciate sunrise because while everybody were like excited over it  and I'm like "oh, okay." They were all excited during the above 2 pictures but I'm like haven't the sun already came out before that (3rd picture above).

Reached back to our minsu at around 8 and after breakfast, it's time to head back to Taichung and back to Taipei.

I think to really explore the whole of cingjing, 2 days 1 night is insufficient. Maybe 2 days is enough, but it'll have to be a full 2 days instead of leaving in the morning like we did. 

Stayed at East Dragon Hotel at XMD.
When we're in the hotel, called to make reservation to have steamboat at this super popular steamboat place 马辣顶级麻辣鸳鸯火锅 at ximending. It's somewhere near the KFC.


They were very nice, cause we went at 4 but they actually charged us the lunch price. If we're in Singapore, likelihood they'll charge us dinner price.
Mala +some ya (duck) and hua diao jiu

Their mala is good but I don't like the other one but I think it's because I'm not used to the taste. They really have a wide variety of choices of food from flour food to seafood to meat. They just don't have my favourite U-mian.
Not only that, they also have a large variety of desserts. They have cakes, fruits and 8 flavours of Haagen Daz and movenpick ice-creram which makes 16 flavours of ice-cream! Yums.

After a full dinner, we went to Taipei 101.


Can you see the difference between the temperature in Taipei and the temperature in Hehuashan?

Taipei 101 entrance fee: 400twd with youth travel card.
How can I wear rabbit ears shirt if I don't show off the rabbit ears!

Tour guide


They have mailboxes to help you send postcards to yourself, families and/or friends from above 101.

I don't really think it's worth paying 400twd which is close to 20 sgd to go up Taipei 101. Cause there's really nothing much to do there except look at the view (which look like the same to me 360 degrees). I tried spotting some of the places from the recorder but can't really find them, they all look the same to me. They also have a outdoor deck but part of it was close due to the strong wind. Maybe it's worth going once for the experience, plus you get to go up the world's fastest elevator! 
 Saw Koi before going to Taipei 101 so of course we had to get one. They don't have grass jelly milk tea. :( So I got pudding milk tea. It's 60 twd for such a large cup!

On the way back to the train station, we saw these freaking cute dogs! This man brought them there to raise awareness for his charity work on abandoned dogs/dogs therapy/dogs training/dog adoption. He owns like 10 gold retriever. You're free to touch and interact with them. I was so scared the dogs will want to drink my bubbletea so I put it in my bag and ended up most of it poured into my bag. -_- My stupid idea and I.

The dogs are quite well-trained. When they lights went off, they know it's time to go home and they'll even help the man take his container. Plus most of his dogs aren't leashed and they know where to go. Aww, so cute!

So day 2 ended as it's time to go home when the dogs go home.
26/1
 For the rest of my taiwan post, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, will you share if it's possible to arrange the stars+sunrise tour prior to my Visit there? Is there a contact number or website? Really keen in the morning tour yet I don't know how to go about arranging. Thanks in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I booked the tour with my minsu. You can check out the details at http://www.star-villa.tw/news_234324.htm.

      Delete
  2. Hi Xiuwen, i will also be stayinh at star villa for my upcoming trip in november. Do u mind sharing with me how did you make your way from cingjing to taichung and then taipei?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I took the HSR to taichung and arranged for a ride with a minivan via the minsu.

      Delete