Friday 8 December 2017

Big Dog Cafe Bangkok

Went to BKK between 26 Nov 17 to 29 Nov 17.

Day 1:
Arrived on a Sunday, so after dropping our things at the hotel, went off to Chatuchak. Our number 1 mode of transport this trip was grab, at least we don't have to deal with taxi drivers who refuse to go via meter. I really can't buy clothes at Chatuchak because I'm too fat. Their clothes are all for small people, but I can eat and continue to grow fat. At night we went to Talad Rot Fai night market. They had so many stalls selling Sashimi which was so tempting, but I just couldn't bring myself to eat them with all the news about having to be amputated after food poisoning due to eating raw fish.

Day 2:
Went to shop at Platinum mall and central world. Had chicken rice for breakfast, A&W for lunch, and After you for snack. Went to the night market beside our hotel for dinner. Stayed at Berkeley hotel this time. Went for foot massage and it was the first time I had foot massage at BKK. I think because I said this was the first time I'm having foot massage so the person didn't dare to use much strength, so the feeling was more of ticklish than pain.

Day 3:
Today was the highlight of the trip! Went to Big Dog Cafe! Something different from all the eating and shopping in BKK. 
82 Soi Ratchadaphisek 10, Lane 7, Khwaeng Huai Khwang, Khet Huai Khwang, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10310, Thailand

The day before called them to make a reservation, we tried to use Line to make a reservation but Muihong said couldn't find them on Line. We reached there slightly later than 9 and were the first customers of the day. 

On a side note, when I was looking at the pictures online, it seemed that the dogs would be in the cafe but when we were there we played with the dogs at the outdoor area. Then I read that they have moved and expanded to a larger area, more space for the dogs to play! 



I think they really take very good care of the dogs there and the dogs appear to be very happy. Plus you can see how much the dogs love the people there through their interactions.
Can you remember all their names?

I ordered ice chocolate and carbonara, safe choice. Muihong was disappointed with her latte because there was not latte art. You would be seated in the cafe to eat but most of the dogs would be outside, and you can go out anytime to play with them. Shortly after our food came, the dogs came out to play. So we literally had to gobble our food which was freaking hot. And then I gave up, food can come later, play comes first.

Sanitised our hands, wore our blue 'shoes' and off we go...
The dogs will come out in batches, so each time there will be 2-3 dogs for about 20 minutes.

This Beary ah, very poor thing I think everybody was scared of him so nobody really wanted to play with him. Haha then I tried to be nice and wanted to feed him some treats, and he started to grunt and you can see that scared me. 
Nonetheless, we still bonded over food
You can buy dog treats for 150 baht. My advice is buy, they will bring you to the heart of the dogs through their stomach. I bought the beef one and Muihong bought the pork liver one, and I realised that the dogs prefer the pork one, especially the smaller dogs. 

Chowder and me 
Chowder looks like a bear, but a cute and fluffy bear!
I am so loved 
Casper is so pretty, and he/she looks like he/she is smiling in the photo


The people there are very nice, they will introduce the dogs to you, their names, age, breed etc. And they would show you how to if you can carry the dogs, and showed us how to do tricks with the dogs. They were also very quick to clean up if the dogs poo or pee, and they kept the place really clean.

Be prepared to be 强吻!
The dogs are really heavy though, heavier than my nephew. But it's fun!

Dog whisperer - Training 2 dogs at one time

Paw paw
The orders that they can follow are 'sit' and 'paw'. I learnt to say 'sit' in thai, which is 'neng'. Something like that. 
Why you don't want to take selfie with me?

So guai - the power of treats 
If you have such a soft and fluffy pillow, you will dream of unicorns!

This dog came out and right after he came out he poo-ed and pee-ed a few times.
And then he did this. He can really jump damn high and his actions are very fast. The first time he did it I got a shock.
Good boy! 
 This dog so poor thing, he cannot have any treats because he is too fat.
Although they are called the Big Dog cafe, they have small dogs too.

Time flies when you are having fun. After playtime, went back in to finish our food which had already turned cold. When we went back in, the cafe was really crowded, so I think it's best to go for the first session. 3/4 of people in the cafe were Singaporeans. Haha, for a moment I thought i teleported back to Singapore.

When we went back in, there were two dogs inside the cafe. This black one and another golden one (same breed I think). The privileged dogs who get the aircon. They are very guai though, they will just walk around, and eat their treats. They didn't really try to steal food that don't belong to them.

How much does it cost?
Entrance Fee: 199 Baht
Food: 99 Baht
Drinks: 49 Baht

I would totally recommend this place as I really had fun here! Plus where else can you get to see such big dogs. The fun has not ended yet, next up, we went to Little Zoo Cafe at siam.

No comments:

Post a Comment