Saturday 28 September 2013

Japan, Tokyo - Asakusa, Senso-ji

Japan is famous for their temples. So since I'm in Japan for the first time, should at least visit 1 temple, so I went to Senso-ji.  

Located near Asakusa station. Looking like a tourist, one nice uncle pointed out the direction to the temple for us.


Alot of people, not only tourists but Japanese too.

Before you reach the shrine, there's one whole row of shops selling all kinds of souvenirs and food.
Bought this to munch on. I'm not sure what is it but it has red bean filling. There's alot of places selling this, some even with cartoon character. What I'm holding is supposedly the shape of the lantern.

Met a nice ang moh couple taking picture and I volunteered my services. They were damn cute, cause when I asked them to check the photo, they actually said it was 'GREAT!' in the enthusiastic tone.

Sky Tower
Got a damn bad qian, which said I'm like almost not suitable to do anything. Should just chill at home.
Before you enter the temple, you're suppose to wash your hands and mouth with the water.
So cute!!! Haha even their kids out on excursion can be an attraction.
Making my ice!

All kinds of masks!
Making wishes again. Expensive, 1000yen for it. Plus, quite useless eh. Taiwan fang tian deng then write on bamboo then now this. At the end of the day, I'm still like that.

I think for this should do it at Meiji temple instead, cause I think they have a bigger and fuller board to hang the wishes. 

Went crazy at the temple, bought 5500 yen or more worth of amulet. Seriously, I buy not very useful things when I'm overseas. Then I think people don't really appreciate it also and looking at me now, doesn't seem like it is very useful. 

Went for lunch at ???.
Cheap cheap, set lunch for 500yen.

I had a hard time trying to tell the person I don't want the salad because I don't eat salad.
Although it doesn't look like it's very yummy but it was really quite nice.
Looks very light and plain but in fact it was quite flavorful. The taste surprised me. 

Went to UENO zoo after that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment