Thursday 9 April 2015

Chingay 2015

This is the first time I performed during Chingay, or any other big events actually. I think it is quite a waste that they didn't let us watch the performance at all. At least once, they should let us watch it so that we can  see how the whole event will actually look like. If not, it is just hours of waiting and after performing our segment we immediately went back to the school. We will arrive at the location anytime between 4-5pm and our performance only start after 8pm. Not only were the students restless, I think we were restless too.

We started practicing last year when I just entered the school. Our dance item was a samba dance performance. Haha would I say I can dance Samba now? I guess not (it will be embarrassing if I said yes) because my focus was just to make sure I'm turning in the right direction. Some of the kids can really dance and shake, beside them I guess I'm stiff like a board. 

CMT Team
On the day of the final performance, went around taking photos before the start of the performance. It's not always we have this chance!

 I kept thinking and still think the make-up look like that of a green snake demon.



NUS Car
 Of course I have to take one with the NUS car.
 And one of handsome boy too!
Failed jump shot
After our last performance
All in all, despite the burnt Saturdays and afternoons, I think it was a good experience and I once in a life time opportunity to perform in front of so many people! Plus because the group is so big, there is no such thing as stage fright.

No comments:

Post a Comment