Thursday 25 December 2014

Sydney Day 5 - Sydney Fish Market + Black Star Pastry Cafe

Sydney Day 5 was a relaxing day. Eating and shopping and eating.

Went to Sydney Fish Market for seafood! While at Sydney Fish Market met my long distant relatives whom we met at the airport on the way, whom we will meet again when we fly back. What a coincidence. 
Seafood Platter for 1
Couldn't decide which platter to get and got the one with everything, I think it cost 20 ++. Their seafood platter is mega huge. The french fries were never ending. The taste is good but because the weather is chilly the food turned cold very quickly.
Trying my first raw Oyster
Muihong ordered Salmon and Oysters. I got to try my first raw oyster in my life. I don't really take raw food but this was surprisingly okay.
Went on to order more oysters. Haha only 6 were mine and the rest were muihong's, so you can imagine how many raw oysters she ate that day.

Went shopping at I don't know where but it was nearby Sydney Eye Tower, I think. Everything was EXPENSIVE, EXPENSIVE AND EXPENSIVE.While on the way back to the hotel, we saw Joe Moore. Muihong totally dui ta yi jian zhong qing. His singing was good and his looks too. No wonder people were mesmerised by him.

On the way back to the hotel, went into woolworths again...
and came out with all these. They had more TimTam flavoured and the TimTam were on sale!! Then I regreted buying previously and had to buy more to make up for it.

Then rushed out of the hotel to get to Black Star Pastry, recommended by Annabel, because they close at 5.30pm. Before that, we had to run around searching to buy bus tickets again.

Black Star Pastry
Thanks to google map, or else we might not have been able to find the place. It was hidden in one of those alleys. Very small place so not many seats there as there was only one small area available for sitting inside plus benches and stools outside. 
Strawberry Watermelon Cake
Very unique cake but most expensive cake I have ever eaten in my life. How often do you see watermelon in cakes. The cake was yummylicious, everything blended well with a tinge of rose taste. This kind of taste I have never tasted it before. However, it's really expensive because the cake itself is $7++ and coming to and fro is another $7 so yep, most expensive cake ever.
Their drinks tasted weak in comparison with their cakes.
After a good tea break, we explored the area but really nothing much there. Next time if I ever go back again, I'm going to get one full cake and eat it all!

Took the bus back, just in time for dinner. Went to Chat Thai and the queue was looooooong. To pass time, we started playing the chinese game, continuing the last word of what the person said.


Pad Thai
Their food is good, excluding the bean sprouts. Sydney really do have some really good Asian food.

For the rest of my Australia Sydney's post - click here

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Christmas makes me want to go out but yet it makes me not want to go out to squeeze with the crazy crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment