Sunday 12 January 2014

Dong Fang Hong Korean Chinese Restaurant & Cake Spade

Finally got the chance to go down to Dong Fang Hong Korean Chinese restaurant at Far East Square on Friday to try their 짜장면!

Met Muihong at Raffles place mrt before walking down. It's quite a long walk down and I have no idea how to walk there yet. The nearest mrt there would be the new Telok Ayer station, I think.
Their kimchi is really sour. Yay for yellow pickles?, seldom see them as side dish except in Korea. 
Jjajangmyeon - $12 ++
Jjajangmyeon is hard to find in Singapore and even if you find one, it may not taste like the ones in Korea. 

Looking at the picture, it looks really quite authentic doesn't it? Taste wise, yes! It taste quite close to the one from Korea, although I can't really remember the specific taste of those in Korea though. Still it is 맛있어요!

Muihong's Seafood Jjajangmyeon - $16 ++
I prefer the taste of the normal jjm because I don't really like the seafood taste. Taste a bit like chao da to me.

Because I couldn't decide if I should have jjm or spicy seafood noodle. I ordered both...like a pig.
Spicy seafood noodle - $13++
Not really very spicy, the spicy taste was very mild. It actually taste a bit like those black hokkien mee at those Zhu char stall.

Surprise surprise, I managed to finish both, with help from Muihong. 

Price wise, it's quite expensive, but I'm comparing to korea prices so not accurate.
Taste wise, it's good, worth trying. There's quite a few Koreans eating there too, so you can judge from that that it's not bad. 

After dinner, it's time for dessert. Amazing how I can still stuff dessert down my stomach. 

Walked down to Orchid hotel in search for Cake Spade. It's quite a long walk down. Luckily we went down on a Friday, they close at 8pm on Mon - Thurs and at 10pm on Fri and Sat.
Cakes - 5.90 each
Their strawberry tofu cheesecake were already sold out when we were there at around 8 with 2 pieces of peach tofu cheesecake left.

There peach tofu cheesecake tastes very special. Less cheesy than normal cheesecake and feels bouncy. 

Their chocolate cake on the other hand is very chocolaty and can be quite gelat. 

Blueberry white tea - $3.50
Had a blueberry white tea to share. The taste of the tea is very mild so good for someone who doesn't really like tea.

Need to reduce my appetite. I actually ate both laksa and shui jiao mian for lunch today. :o 

Why does weekends pass so quickly, feeling stressful nowadays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment