Friday 11 October 2013

Japan, Tokyo - Ueno Zoo

Continuation from the previous Japan post.

Was randomly walking and found this shuttle that goes to UENO zoo which is where I was heading to. It goes to Skytree, Asakusa, Ueno and some other places which I can't remember now. I'm sorry to say my memory failed me and I also forgot how much the ride cost.
First time taking 'public' bus in Japan, although this is not really a public bus.
Mandatory photo with the pandas outside the zoo. 
Zoo tickets always have the cutest pictures. They have a special price for tourist! 
Pandas always attract the most attention in zoos. I think Japanese has an exceptional love for pandas. I always see panda's merchandises whereever I go. 

I love elephants too. They are such big and sensitive creatures. I remember I once said I wanted to be an elephant trainer because I wanted to be kissed by them after watching the elephant show at the Singapore zoo.

重量级!

What's this? Looks abit like an alien. Is it sticking it's tongue out at me?
Another photo with some pandas again. I need pupil enlarging lens!
Since I'm the tallest, does that make me the grandmother?
Penguins penguins everywhere!
At the children's area, you get to touch the animals! Goat has a different feel from sheep. They have a pricky touch to them.
Their tram is so special, it's actually hanging upside down.

Is this an hybrid? Deer and zebra?
Reminds me of madagascar.
This animal looks like a cat but an evil cat. It's sitting there like a boss. 

Hippopotamus

Even though I didn't get to see the gorillas, I felt that this sign was quite funny.

One more photo with the panda before leaving the zoo. My fringe really %^#$%^.






I took this picture because I was so surprised that Japan actually sells milo. 
My cup of milo 
 
They even have a panda box for you to post letters outside the zoo.

I got to wear my tattoo leggings in Japan. How? Do you think it's nice?

9.10.2013

5 comments:

  1. Im planning on going to ueno zoo. My question is are the tickets from the vending machines just like the ones from the ticket booth? I'm so sorry if this is a stupid question but the zoo has no way to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very sure what you mean, but I bought the tickets from the ticketing counter outside UENO zoo and the tickets are sold by people working there not through vending machines. Hope it helps!

      Delete
  2. Musicians - you don't want to miss this!!
    Learn from Music Industry Experts how YOU can Make a Living in Music
    go here to register for FREE: http://musicasyourbusinesssummit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article! Here is a video of the Pandas in Ueno Zoo & Park, for you and your readers.

    https://youtu.be/jUTwJnOUmEQ

    Hope you enjoy

    MySights

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello.. did u manage to find any other vending machines that sold milo besides ueno park? Been trying to look at all tokyo ones and cant seem to find milooooo :(

    ReplyDelete