Saturday 20 July 2013

Little pancakes + White House Down + Despicable Me 2

Recently I saw pictures of pancakes on Jolee's instagram and they looked super yummy. So I decided to give it a try too. Went with Muihong on 3rd July.

Better check their opening hours since it may be different for different days, when we reached they were still closed. They only opened at 1pm that day.


Lychee/Apple Yakult - $3.70
I prefer Muihong's lychee one to my apple one. The apple yakult is abit too sour for me.
Going Nutella For You - $8.20

Haha, I was joking to muihong about how her nutella reminded me of ... and she said my blueberries reminded her of rabbit ...
Something Blue - $8.50
Their presentation is different from that in facebook but just their presentation alone is enough to tempt you to want to eat their pancakes. Their pancakes taste great with ice-cream. Everything tastes great with ice-cream. The pancakes is good, I finished all of them even though usually I get sick of pancakes very quickly. Although there are 10 pieces of pancakes, they're really mini.

I want to go back to try their other pancakes! They have special pancakes flavour like chick(sausage)/ham and cheesy and Singaporeans Unite (Kaya ...). However, their shop is quite far away from me. They're located at 200 Upper Thomson Road, #01-04, Thomson Imperial Court, Singapore 574424. It's about 15-20 minutes walk at my slow speed from Marymount MRT.

After that we went to Plaza Singapura to watch White House Down. As the name suggest, the movie is about the bombing of the White House with lots of twists and turns and some insights on hidden passageway/rooms in the White House. The movie totally surprised me. It was a good combination of action and humour. I knew it will be an action packed movie but I didn't expect it to be so funny from beginning to end. It must have been quite difficult to combine all the humour with all the action in the movie. Plus, the main actor was handsome too!

After the movie, we went from plaza sg all the way to ion orchard in search of white shirt but believe it or not, along the way there were no white shirts available (Mango had a few but only in XS and S (34)) except in G2000. Damn weird, must have been bought by all the people going for commencement.

Went to catch Despicable Me 2 with Carissa on Monday at NEX. I had high expectations for the movie because of the very good ratings and how everyone has been obsessed with Minions. The movie was funny and I love Mr Gru plus the other characters but I still felt like something was missing in the movie. Just felt like it didn't meet my expectations for it. However, I'm not sure if it's because my mind wasn't in the most positive mood since I have been thinking a lot recently since commencement which may have affected the overall feel of the movie.

I still prefer White House Down between the two even though the white house down rating is 6.3 while Despicable Me 2 rating is 7.8.

LOL. I think everytime I hear this song, I will remember this version instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment