Thursday 10 June 2021

The life of a hoarder

This week, I'm trying to pack my room. 

On Monday, I threw away 2 boxes of nail polishes. I think there were at least 20 bottles? Some from an auntie (all OPI/ORLY) and some from Korea. When I went to Korea long time ago, I bought nail polishes like they were free, and then ended up giving alot of them to my cousin.  

On Wednesday, I tried to pack my wardrobe. I managed to pack one big bag of clothes to donate and some to throw. However, my wardrobe is still bursting. It's really so hard to donate/throw clothes, because I will be thinking what if I can wear them next time? And I realised I buy clothes that I don't wear/can't wear because they are cheap, thinking that I can wear them next time/I will lose weight. And I like to buy clothes and don't wear them, feeling good that I have alot of new clothes. Then I realised that I like to keep the packaging like the boxes or plastic of the things I bought. So I threw them away too. 

Today, I tried to pack my brother's room which have became my storeroom, but it's really so hard. No matter how I throw, the things doesn't seem to lessen. I really like to collect boxes, especially those beautiful boxes. When I go overseas, then I like to buy those biscuits and keep the boxes as momentos but they take up so much space. 

Why am I a hoarder? 
- I have difficulty throwing away things and have the mentality of what if I need to use them next time. 
- I keep even the packaging of the things. 

Not only am I a hoarder, I am also a shopperholic. I like to buy things when it's cheap or when there's a sale. When companies come out with a collection, like kit kat, I want to collect all the boxes. Then every few months, I will be addicted to something. For example, there was a period I was addicted to scrapbooking...then last I was addicted to crystals...then I will buy alot of things for my addiction. Not to mention buying things for my dog and the kiddos. I think if I'm not a shopperholic, I probably would have saved alot of money too. 
 
Toto...I'm still waiting for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment