Wednesday 22 June 2016

Japan, Hokkaido Day 4 - Skiing

It was skiing day, super excited, cause I thought I will be a pro like on those on television. After that day, I have decided I am so not suitable for skiing.

Decided to go to Kokusai because of the distance. Initially we were worried that we won't be able to ski because the opening was delayed due to lack of snow, but luckily it opened before we flew there.

Bus Tickets of Kokusai
In the early stages of winter, they only have one bus there in the morning and one bus back in the evening. The frequency of the buses will increase as the amount of snow increases. We were damn kiasu, we arrived half an hour before to get the tickets. Haha as the queue grew with pros, my stress also grew.


All geared up
Spent 9400 yen renting the ski (5200 yen) set and clothing set (4200 yen). Actually if you have your own waterproof and light jacket, plus water proof pants, you don't need to rent their clothing set.
Selfie
Before we can reach the snow, we have to take the escalator up. Almost died, because the ski is very heavy, and I had no idea how to go up the escalator while holding the skis. Luckily, I didn't roll down the escalator.
Super pengx because I think I took half an hour to put on the ski.

After that I gave up. It takes me half an hour to put on the skis, 5 seconds to ski and fall, and I have to repeat the cycle again. So I have decided that if I ever go and ski again, I will hire a coach.
However, Eunice picked up skiing very quickly. Haha, that is a difference between a sporty person and a non-sporty person. She tried to teach me, but I totally couldn't pick up. I think she became very pek chek, cause she kept asking me to slant the stick and from my view I already slant it, haha but actually I did not. Plus, I couldn't get myself to stop, and once I fall, I was not able to stand up unless I took out my skis.

Took the cable car up because we bought the ticket that included lift, and we didn't want to waste it. So we took a round trip. Haha, if you are a newbie like me, don't need to buy the ticket with lift, because no chance to go up and ski down.
I'm more suited to have snowball fights than to ski!
And taking selfies too!

After this skiing trip, I feel like I can better understand the frustration that some of the students may be facing. For me, it's a one-off thing and I'm already so irritated, what more for them, when it is an everything issue.

After dinner, took the train down to Odori station and went to the sapporo white illumination light display at Odori Park.
Sapporo Tower
There was a fair going on at there but everything was just expensive.

After walking around, we decided to walk back to our hotel. Thankfully we have google map to guide us back.
Mandatory photo with clock tower
While we were walking back to our hotel, happened to pass by the sapporo branch of the crab place that we wanted to go, and it was fully booked on a weekday night too.
My present from skiing

No comments:

Post a Comment