Friday 22 March 2013

Taiwan Day 5 - Hello Kitty Cafe + Wufenpu + Raohe Night Market

10 Jan 2013
It's a day of eating, eating and more eating.

After breakfast in hotel, we went to search for more breakfast.Took the train down to Shandao Temple station. Exit from exit 5 and went to Huashan market

Went to this place, Fu Hang Dou Jiang (level 2), that is supposedly famous for this dou jiang you tiao. The queue was uber long when we reached there at 9-10 plus. The queue was all the way out to the staircase but luckily it moved fast.
My dou jiang you tiao
They had a variety of food but not knowing what to order, I just ordered dou jiang you tiao. The you tiao was nice, crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. However, I think the dou jiang was meh~ i can't even finished it. Maybe it's me, cause I like my dou jiang sweet, I can't even stand those from jollibean/mr bean. Then again, even muihong didn't think it was nice so maybe it's not me.

Went to Hello Kitty Cafe after that.
Zhong Xiao Fu Xing (Exit 3), first alley after walking a short distance.

Before going to Hello Kitty Cafe, we went to shop around their underground shops and I bought 2 pairs of shoes there at 200 twd each, and after walking further down, there was a shoe shop selling 2 pairs for 300/350 (can't remember). Sian max.

Min Spending: 300 twd
Before I managed to finish snapping the menu, the person came to collect the menu, so I only managed this two pages.
Complimentry aka free pudding

Mine tiramisu

Latte

Muihong's chocolate cake
Before going to Hello Kitty Cafe, I was damn worried about the food taste because their online review sucks. However, after trying, I think it's not that bad. It's actually quite nice, especially the tiramisu. The latte was kind of bitter and the chocolate cake was too chocolaty but still good to eat.
In the toilet

In the toilet
What am I thinking when I took this picture, the whole hello kitty head was supposed to go in.

Then after that we walked to a nearby shopping mall to digest our food before we continue to eat.

We then went to Hu Xu Zhang for ru rou fan. It's at houshanpi (exit 1), you'll supposedly see the beard man logo when you exit.

Ru rou fan
OMFG, THIS IS DAMN GOOD. I think it's the nicest thing I've ate in Taiwan till then and it's damn cheap. Only 33 twd. Muihong and I each had 2 bowls. Damn fattening but worth it!

After that we went to wufenpu which was just opposite. I didn't buy anything from there though. The things aren't really that cheap, unless it's those on the rack, plus it's winter so not much to buy. Met weird overly friendly people there, who traumatise me.

After that we walked over to Raohe night market. Not easy to find but can always ask the locals.
This is good. Lots of flavours to choose from. We had mayo prawn/shrimp?
To be honest, looking at this picture, I have no memory of what is this. O.o

We had fried oreo. Yum yum.

I had my best buy in Taiwan at Rao He night market. I bought a pair of wedges for 90twd. Damn satisfying!

Before we headed back to our hotel, just had to get ah zhong mian xian.
I dont need to say more about ah zhong mian xian, it's like the most popular food in taiwan and it's really nice!

Apart from ah zhong mian xian, I still dabaoed 3 sticks of fried milk and cong you bing. My stomach almost exploded that night.20/3 

 For the rest of my taiwan post, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment